Monday, March 30, 2009

It was bound to happen...

We were late getting the boys from daycare...Jon usually picks up the boys in the evenings and I guess he got caught up at work - I never asked the full story. He tried to call me, but I was in a meeting, so he called his parents and they got there to pick them up, but they were a couple of minutes late.

Hopefully we won't get charged because it was our first offense. I guess I will be doing the walk of shame tomorrow when I do the morning drop-off.

Continuing to work late tonight after I heard what had happened and coming home to sleeping babies gave me my first undeniable dose of 'working mom' guilt. I've worked late and come home to sleeping babies before, but for some reason it really bothers me today, given the chain of events.

Jon says it's all fine. We got them and they are home and safe and everything is fine. So why am I still so miserable about it?

Sigh...

1 comment:

Nicole O'Dell said...

There is never a shortage of mommy guilt, working or not...so don't beat yourself up. :)

Here from Multiples and More...great new blog, eh?

 
Hit CountersProvillus
Visitor Map Create your own visitor map!