Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Anticipation...

Brewer's ENT appointment is Thursday. I'm so nervous for my little buddy. I hope it goes well. I don't mind if he has to get tubes, I'm just nervous for his hearing and I hate that I have no idea what to expect...anybody out there got a story to share on what happened their first visit to the ENT?

As a little background, poor little Brew has had 3 ear infections and a ruptured eardrum in the last 2 mos. Since he is not yet 5 mos old, all that activity has earned him an express trip to the ENT....

Well, stories anyone?

3 comments:

The Browns said...

No ENT stories, but wanted you to know I'm praying for little man! We love you guys! Please let us know how it goes!

Heather said...

A trip to the ENT was the best thing that happened to us.

After two months of straight infections and antibiotics we went straight to the ENT.

He was 11 months old when he got his tubes in. I had been through the surgery with my daughter twice at that point so that eased my concern - but it is honestly the easiest procedure that still has the tag of surgery that they can possibly go through. In less than 10 minutes my surgeon was back in the room talking to me and 2 hours later we were on our way home.

It immediately helped his hearing and we, knock on wood, haven't had a single infection since. Honestly, for the great outcome it was incredibly worth the small worry compared to what we went through with the infections.

As to the first appt - it's pretty simple. They look in the ears, do a test to check the movement of the eardrum and then discuss your options. We were always in and out of there in very quick fashion.

PS - sorry for the novel. :-)

Tracy said...

Poor little guy! I don't have any advice, but I can tell you that we like our ENT plenty, and you know we have to see a lot of him given the situation. Good luck, Brew!

 
Hit CountersProvillus
Visitor Map Create your own visitor map!