Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fly Home, Angel.

Little Tuesday Whitt passed away today after an intense battle with cancer that she and her family faced with bravery and grace.

Tuesday leaves behind a twin sister, two brothers, loving parents, adoring family, and countless friends.

I pray that someday we are all blessed with peace and understanding of what happened to darling Tuesday and that those of us who mourn her will be comforted that her struggle had meaning and purpose on this earth and that she is now home in the arms of angels looking down on all of us and protecting those who so valiantly fought for her, especially her parents and siblings.

Tuesday was here on earth for just over two years. I knew about her while she was living for only two days. Her story makes me want to hold on to my boys with both hands every second and protect them against the things in this world that I know I can't possibly prevent.

As a mother, my heart aches for her mother, that she has to experience a grief I can not even fathom. God Bless you for sharing your daughter with us.

To read Tuesday's story, go to http://half12.blogspot.com/ .

Rest in Peace, Tuesday.

"I'll lend you for a little while,
a child of mine" God said,
"for you to love the while she lives,
and mourn for when she's dead.

It may be two or three short years,
or twenty-two or three,
but will you, till I call her back,
take care of her for me?

She'll bring her charms to gladden you,
and should her stay be brief,
you'll have her lovely memories
as solace for your grief.

I cannot promise she will stay,
since all from earth return,
but there are lessons taught down there
I want this child to learn.

I've looked the wide world over
in my search for teachers true,
and from the throngs that crowd life's lanes,
I have selected you.

Now will you give her all your love?
Nor think the labor vain?
Nor hate me when I come to call,
to take her back again?"

God fancied he heard the parent's say,
"Dear Lord, thy will be done.
For all the joy the child shall bring,
the risk of grief I'll run.

I'll shelter her with tenderness,
I'll love her while I may,
and for the happiness I've known
forever grateful I will stay.

But should the angels call for her,
much sooner than I planned,
I'll brave the bitter grief that comes,
and try to understand."

-Anonymous

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I cannot read this story. I just can't. But I will say a prayer for them. So very sad.

 
Hit CountersProvillus
Visitor Map Create your own visitor map!